Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them. This is the sixteenth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and focuses on GSD&M.
GSD&M is an advertising agency founded by four University of Texas graduates in 1971. The Austin American Statesman reports that Northwestern Mutual recently chose GSD&M to be in charge of its creative advertising efforts.
GSD&M employs people in a variety of positions at its Austin headquarters, including Account Managers (Median Annual Salary $47,355 for an Account Representative), Account Supervisors (Median Salary $86,916 for an Account Management Manager), Big Data Analysts (Median Salary $53,064 for a Business Data Analyst I), Copywriters (Median Salary $43,131 for a CopyWriter I), Digital Producers (Median Salary $45,186 for a Producer), Mailroom Runners (Median Salary $26,722 for a Mail Clerk), and more. All Salary information from Salary.com for 78703, GSD&M’s zip code.
There are many nearby options for GSD&M employees to choose from for lunch. 24 Diner, is a block away and offers chef-inspired comfort food, using local and organic ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hut’s Hamburgers has been making old-fashioned hamburgers and fries since 1939 and is across the street from GSD&M.
J. Black’s Feel Good Kitchen and Lounge specializes in easy-to-share dishes, creative cocktails, and has an extensive wine and beer list. Clark’s Oyster Bar focuses on fresh oysters, simply prepared seafood, sustainable selections of caviar, house baked bread, hamburgers, brunch and in-house created cocktails in an atmosphere that transports you to the seaside.
Save time on a commute and live in one of the apartments convenient to GSD&M and all that downtown and Lamar have to offer.
- Gables Park Tower is brand new, is a ten minute walk away and features 1 and 2 bedroom apartments ranging in size from 656 to 1,454 square feet. Apartments have washers and dryers, patios or balconies, bamboo floors, walk-in closets, stainless steel appliances and more. The community has downtown views, a rooftop pool with lounge area, an arcade, billiards, theater, a Bocce ball court, and has access to the Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail.
- The Monarch was completed in 2008 and is a four minute walk from GSD&M. Apartments range from 1-3 bedrooms and 681 to 3,530 square feet and feature gourmet kitchens with stainless steel appliances and granite counters, washer/dryer connections, ceiling fans, wide glass rail balconies, panoramic views and more. The community has a parking garage, a 4,000 square foot outdoor lounge area with pool and sun deck, and a 24 hour Fitness Studio.
- Hanover South Lamar was completed this year, is a 7 minute drive away and has 1-2 bedroom apartments ranging from 491 to 1,513 square feet. Apartments feature high ceilings, lots of windows, wood-style flooring, open concept gourmet kitchens with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and custom cabinets, spacious bathrooms, and walk-in closets. The community has a private resident courtyard with outdoor kitchens and dining areas, a resident club with multiple movie screening and gaming rooms, a private conference room, and a dog park and pet washing station.
- Lamar Union is brand new and is 7 minutes by car from GSD&M. Apartments range from 435 to 1,308 square feet and 1-2 bedrooms and are designed by architect Michael Hsu, who also designed Uchiko. Kitchens have quartz counters, 42″ cabinets, and tile backsplashes, bathrooms feature frameless walk-in showers and floors are faux wood. The community has a rooftop pool with panoramic views of the downtown skyline, two guest lounges, a two-story fitness club, a yoga, pilates and barre studio, a parking garage and outdoor grilling and dining areas.
- The 704 is 6 minutes away and was completed in 2013. Apartments range from 408 to 1,461 square feet and studio, 1, and 2 bedroom apartments are available. Apartments have granite counters, large closets, ceiling fans, tile backsplashes, wood-style flooring in the common areas and carpet in the bedrooms. The community has a yoga studio, an ozone-filtered resort style pool and separate lap pool, a splash lounge, a rooftop terrace with firepit, an outdoor kitchen and a fenced dog park.
- Whitley is a 4 minute drive from GSD&M and has studio to 2 bedroom units available ranging from 514 to 1,379 square feet. Completed in 2012, apartments feature 10′ ceilings, granite counters with undermount sinks, porcelain tile flooring in bathrooms, recessed lighting, and front-load washer and dryers. The community has a rooftop pool, dog run and dog washing station, yoga area and sundeck, top-of-the-line fitness center, a parking garage, and a concierge.
These are just a few of the rental options for GSD&M employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 512-416-8100 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.apartmentexperts.com for more information on our apartment locator services.