Renters Insurance

by | May 14, 2011 | Renter's Rights, Renting 101 | 0 comments

Many renters have concerns about what will happen if their apartment is vandalized. The Texas Apartment Association provides good feedback on the topic.

Who covers the cost of damages to my property if I’m robbed, or there is a fire or other accident?
If you have renters insurance, your insurance should cover your losses, minus any deductible. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll be responsible for replacing or repairing your property. The property owner’s insurance does not cover property belonging to residents; it only covers the property owner’s belongings, buildings, etc. If the property owner or his employees negligently caused the accident, you may have grounds to recover damages from the owner, but you’ll need to have legal advice.

Need Help Renting?

Our Free Service
Helps 12k+ Renters Annually!

Find By Date