by | May 2, 2011 | Renter's Rights, Renting 101 | 1 comment

What about renters insurance? Should a renter have it? Where do I get it from? The Texas Apartment Association suggests the following.

You should obtain renter’s insurance to provide protection for your personal belongings in case of burglary, vandalism, fire, storm damage and other disasters. The property owner’s insurance does not cover your personal belongings against loss. Unless you obtain renter’s insurance you may also be personally liable to the owner and others for certain acts which are normally covered by renter’s insurance policies. For more information, contact the Texas Department of Insurance at 800/252-3439 (512/463-6169 in Austin), or visit the TDI website at www.TDI.state.tx.us.

Need Help Renting?

Our Free Service
Helps 12k+ Renters Annually!

Find By Date