Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them. This is the eighteenth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will focus on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
The IRS is the revenue service of the federal government and collects taxes and interprets and enforces the Internal Revenue Code. The IRS is warning people of scammers who are calling citizens and threatening them with arrest if they don’t pay their tax bill. The scam has cost victims at least $5 million since last fall.
The IRS employs people in a variety of positions at their Austin offices including Clerks (Median Annual Salary $26,493 for a File Clerk), Contact Representatives (Median Salary $47,415 for an Account Representative), Mail and File Clerks (Median Salary $26,754 for a Mail Clerk), and more. All salary information from Salary.com for 78741, the zip code adjacent to the IRS, which has its own zip code as a government agency.
There are many restaurants near the IRS for employees to choose from for lunch including Bella Donna Subs, a beloved sandwich spot tucked away in a strip-mall. Another lunch option is Patsy’s Cafe, which delivers down home American style cooking like chicken fried steak and hamburgers.
For after work drinks with coworkers, The Whip In is a beer garden, Indian restaurant, and convenience store with a large beer selection. Opal Divine’s Penn Field boasts over 60 varieties of single malt scotches and 36 Craft-brewed & imported draught beers, as well as delicious pub grub.
Spend time at home rather than in traffic by renting at one of the gorgeous apartment communities near the IRS.
- South Shore District Apartments were built in 2013 and are just 8 minutes from the IRS. Floorplans range from 1-2 bedrooms and 660 to 1,646 square feet and feature 9-10 foot ceilings, wood-grain plank flooring, ceiling fans, full-size washer and dryers, granite counters in the kitchen and bath, and master baths with garden tubs. The community has a resort-style swimming pool, athletic center with spin, yoga, and more, a parking garage with assigned parking, covered bicycle storage, and a conference room for private meetings. Plus you can walk to the Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail.
- Riverview Apartments are seven minutes from the IRS and have floorplans ranging from studio to 2 bedrooms and 623 to 1,238 square feet. Apartments feature available views of Lady Bird Lake and downtown, sustainable engineered wood flooring, solid maple cabinets, granite counters, 9′-12′ ceilings and concrete construction. Completed in 2013, the apartments have access to Lady Bird Lake, underground parking, kayak and paddle board storage, fitness center, wi-fi internet cafe and juice bar, cabanas and pool deck seating and more.
- The District at SoCo is six minutes from the IRS and was completed in 2012. Apartments range from 1-2 bedrooms and 559 to 1,202 square feet and feature open, spacious floor plans, berber carpet and faux wood flooring, pre-wired intrusion alarms, full-size stackable washers and dryers, linen closets and spacious closets, and private balconies and patios. The community has limited access gates, a parking garage with elevator access, a billiards room, a 24-hour fitness center, a resort style swimming pool, a leash-free dog park, and a resident courtyard with ping pong, a fire pit, a bocce court, and outdoor kitchen.
- Cityview Apartments were built in 2001 and are seven minutes from the IRS. 1-3 bedrooms ranging from 679-1,386 square feet are available and are equipped with open gourmet kitchens, ceramic tile entries, white crown molding, full-size washer/dryer connections, and private patios and decks. This gated community has available carports and detached garages, a 24-hour fitness center, a clubroom with a large screen tv, fireplace, and lounge, a DVD library and billiards, a complimentary coffee bar, and views of downtown Austin
- Forest Creek Apartments are five minutes from the IRS and were built in 1978. 1-2 bedrooms ranging from 672-1,177 square feet have new hardwood flooring upgrades, complimentary custom welcome mats, gas cooking and heating, oversized rooms and closets, and available fireplaces. The community has two refreshing swimming pools, a fully equipped fitness center, a tennis court, and monthly resident appreciation events.
These communities are just a few of the rental choices available to IRS employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. We know that finding an apartment that allows for a short commute to work, has the amenities you want, and fits into your budget can be difficult. Our job as apartment locators is to provide valuable insight into each of your rental options so you can choose the best apartment the first time. Our services are free for our clients and can save you valuable time when you are searching for a rental. Call 512-416-8100 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.apartmentexperts.com to find out more about our apartment locator services.